To ensure a friendly and memorable experience for guests, by providing prompt and accurate delivery of the menu items. This position is within The Second City’s 1959 Restaurant and Bar.
Interested candidates must be available weeknights and weekends (1-2 weekend days/evenings per week is required).
- Food Runner ensures guests receive menu items, once assembled by the Expeditor for prompt service.
- Maintains clean trays at all times.
- Sets up, restocks and prepares for shift start and/or close.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Obtains and maintains knowledge of all menu items.
- Make sure all orders are complete and look expectable for guests.
- Help to keep expeditor area clean at all times and free from any unnecessary items.
- Helps others whenever possible.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of any problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees.
- Is dressed neatly and well-groomed in company approved uniform at all times.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to lift and carry trays 95% of the time.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Walk, stand and climbs stairs throughout entire shift.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and other employees.
- Ability to comfortably maneuver through furniture and guests.
- Applicants must be 21 to apply.
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
Applicants must be 21 to apply.
The Second City is an e-verify employer. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Your employment is contingent upon employment authorization from e-verify.