About the Second City
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy. Dedicated to entertaining, inspiring, and transforming through fearless comedy, the company’s ten resident stages in Chicago and Toronto, plus eight Touring Companies and a booming Theatricals division, entertain an additional one million theatergoers a year around the globe.The Second City Training Center, which included the Harold Ramis Film School, is the largest school of improvisation on the planet, with locations in Chicago, Toronto, and Los Angeles. Second City Works, the B2B side of The Second City, focuses on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insights, and Second City Entertainment’s foray into television and media continues to produce new content and programming. Founded in 1959, The Second City continues to grow rapidly in size and influence by upholding five core values: performance; ensemble; diversity and inclusion; resiliency; and authenticity.
Old Town’s 1959 Kitchen and Bar inside The Second City is looking for a bartender to join the team! We are seeking an individual with:
- Two to three years of full-service restaurant experience
- A welcoming, hospitality-forward presence
- The ability to develop a polished understanding of the menu’s rotating offerings
- The efficiency to maintain a high standard for presentation and execution in a high-volume environment
- A responsible and independent worth ethic with regards to cleanliness and consistency
- The drive to provide a well-rounded experience to each customer
We are an open, inclusive workplace and welcome applicants who bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity and points of view. We strive to continue our efforts to work with people who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our Chicagoland community.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Bartender”
* Must be 21 or older to apply.